QUICK BREAK CLEANER (Cleanbreak, Degr. Clear. Br., OWS)
A SOLVENT BASED QUICK SEPARATING OIL AND GREASE REMOVER SUITABLE FOR USE IN CONJUNCTION WITH OILY WATER SEPARATORS AND WHERE IMO RULES ARE REQUIRED.
* Based on aliphatic hydrocarbon solvents, selected non-ionic and anionic surfactants which are biodegradable.
* Good cleaning properties and fresh odor.
* Its emulsion with water and oil breaks up within a very short period. Less than 15 ppm oil remains in the water and therefore the product meets the requirements of IMO.
* Suitable for the removal of most mineral oils, fats, greases and preserving agents.
* Safe to use on all common metals, painted surfaces, epoxy and zinc-sillicated coatings.
* High flashpoint.
Quick Break Cleaner is used to clean machinery, floor plates and bulkheads in engine rooms.
Quick Break Cleaner can be sprayed undiluted as a spot cleaner in tank cleaning (Marpol requirements).
Directions for use:
For cleaning in engine rooms etc., Quick Break Cleaner is used undiluted. Dampen the surface to be cleaned and let the product act for 5 - 60 minutes. Brush the surfaces occasionally and finally rinse them thoroughly with water at 50 - 60°C. For heavier contamination we recommend HD Separating Cleaner.
To be used as a spot cleaner to decrease the amount of slops. Spray the surfaces to be cleaned until they are thoroughly dampened with undiluted Quick Break Cleaner. Let the product act for 5 60 minutes, then rinse thoroughly with water at 50 - 60°C.
Quick Break Cleaner is applied undiluted at ambient temperature or up to a maximum of 55°C in a heated tank. Soak components for several hours, remove from the bath and rinse thoroughly with a waterjet.
Where an oil water separator is installed, collect the treated bilge water in the dirty water collecting tank. After a reasonable separating time suck the bilge water from the bottom of the tank and discharge overboard through the oil water separator. This is the best way to keep within the IMO rule limits (max. 15 ppm oil in the discharge overboard).
Note: The use of emulsifying products (old style degreasers) will affect the separating properties of Quick Break Cleaner.
Clear yellow brown colored liquid. Mixture of aliphatic hydrocarbons and biodegradable surface active agents. Non-emulsifying in water.
The product is safe for use on all common metals.
Special gravity : 0.80
Flash point PM CC : above 61 °C
pH (1% solution) : 6-8