SLUDGE FT (Fuel Care, Sludge Conditioner, Amergy 222)
SLUDGE FT IS OIL SOLUBLE AND SELF DISPERSING FUEL OIL TREATMENT PRIMARILY FORMULATED TO COMBAT PROBLEMS IN THE PRE-COMBUSTION STAGE WITH OIL USED IN MARINE DIESEL ENGINES AND BOILER PLANTS.
• Dissolves and disperses existing sludge.
• Dispersants maintain the combustible constituents in suspension throughout the oil.
• Prevents polymerization and inhibits asphaltic sludge formation and paraffin wax separation resulting in less clogging of fuel filters and fuel injector fouling.
• By dispersion of sludge, Sludge FT will counteract the effects of stratification (layering) of incompatible fuels, thereby promoting a homogenous uniform viscosity.
• Will break water-oil emulsions and promote separation of dispersed water from heavy fuel oil, thereby improving purifier efficiency.
• Corrosion in tanks and fuel lines is reduced by effective corrosion inhibitor incorporated.
• Improved conditions in the precombustion stage will result in an improvement of some post combustion problems such as a more complete combustion, less carbon formation, a decrease in deposit forming sodium, less smoke and soot.
Sludge FT is easy to use. The required amount is introduced into the bunker tanks simply by pumping it through the sounding pipes prior to oil bunkering. The turbulence created by the subsequent bunkering will, together with the incorporated dispersants, ensure complete mixing and further distribution of the treatment uniformly throughout the fuel.
To obtain the benefits of the chemical treatment to the entire fuel oil system it is necessary to dose the product in the most appropriate ratio depending upon the nature and severity of the problem.
If Sludge FT is not used regularly an initial dosage of 1:4000 should be used for breaking up and dispersing existing sludge. for counteracting the effects of incompatible fuels (stratification) a dosage as high as 1:2000 may be necessary.
Clear yellow liquid with a characteristic smell, containing solvents, special detergents and dispersants. Contains no chlorinated solvents or other harmful ingredients.
Specific gravity (20%) : 0.84
Flash point PMCC : > 62°C
Viscosity : approx. 10mPas
Maximum storage temperature : + 50°C
Minimum storage temperature : - 20°CPrint Send enquiry