RUST CONVERTER (Navatan 2006 S, Drewtan RC)
RUST CONVERTER IS USED TO REMOVE RUST ON METAL SURFACES AND PREPARATION OF THE SURFACE FOR PAINTING AFTER JET CLEANING.
• Neutralizes corrosion process.
• Quickly reacts with rust, transforming metal oxides into stable insoluble black and blue mixture on the surface.
• Makes water-resistant film.
• A wonderful media to create good adhesion before painting.
• Not hazardous, not flammable, dry film is a fire inhibitor.
• Minimum surface treatment. Remove grease, rust flakes with a brush for metal / sand paper. Rinse salt, oil or other chemicals.
• Rust Converter may be applied on wet surfaces as well.
• Reaction time: 3 hours.
• Economically profitable substance for corrosion control and long-term protection.
• Rust Converter is compatible to the majority of paints and varnishes on a basis: alkyds, the modified alkyds, chlorinated rubber, epoxy resins, polyurethane, vinyl and new systems on a water basis.
Used on all rusty surfaces before painting or repainting, where jet cleaning is impeded, for example cargo holds, decks, hold roofs etc. Placed on cleaned surfaces to avoid oxide film formation before painting. Used in highly corrosive atmospheric conditions.
Remove rust with a brush for metal. Mill scale, blister copper, oil paint, grease and oil are to be also removed from the surface. In industrial and sea atmospheric conditions the rust contains soluble salts. It is very important to remove the salts by rinsing the surface with fresh water before application of Rust Converter. Rust Converter is ready for application. Only one layer is required. Applied with a roller or sprayed. One liter of solution may cover about 20 square meters of surface. Reaction time is 3 hours; the paint may be applied immediately after reaction. If Rust Converter is used in hard-to-reach place the reaction time may increase. Rust Converter is not a paint. The surface must be covered with lacquer and paint materials within 48 hours after application. The tools are to be washed by fresh water.
Do not apply Rust Converter on surfaces where temperature exceeds 40°C, for example, on decks, on sunny tropical climate. Rust Converter is applied to such surfaces after cooling, for example, in the evening, leaving time for reaction for night.
Rust Converter is based on dewatering chelated polymer. Does not contain phosphorous acid.