DESCALEX POWDER (Descalex F, Saf Acid)
INHIBITED ACID CLEANING POWDERS FOR REMOVAL OF WATER SCALE AND RUST DEPOSITS FROM WATER SYSTEMS.
*Inhibited to prevent acidic attack on surfaces to be cleaned.
*Safe on rubber, plastic and jointing materials.
*Easy to handle.
*Suitable for most common metals except zinc, aluminum and galvanized materials.
Descalex Powder is an inhibited sulphamic acid based product suitable for the cleaning of boilers, condensers, evaporators, butterworth heaters and pipe systems etc.
Directions for use:
1. We recommend that a preliminary test is carried out on samples of the original scale or deposit in order to select the most suitable acid cleaner and optimize concentration and temperature conditions.
2. When a boiler is soiled with light oil deposits, or if silicates and/or calcium sulphates are present, boiling out with Alkaline (CAUS) is recommended.
3. If heavy mineral oil deposits are present in a boiler, a preliminary treatment with an emulsifying cleaner, like HD Cleaner is recommended.
4. If heavy oil deposits are present in cooling systems a preliminary cleaning with the emulsifying cleaning agent Degreaser GP is necessary.
1. If present, remove zinc, aluminium, galvanized steel components before commencing the cleaning operation.
2. Before cleaning with Descalex Powder solution, we recommend thoroughly rinsing with water. This will partly or completely remove loose sludge, scale, etc.
3. Depending on the nature of the scale and degree of contamination, it is recommend to use a cleaning solution with a concentration of 3 10 kgs Descalex Powder per 100 liters of water. This solution can best be prepared by continuously stirring the powder into warm water.
4. Solutions of Descalex Powder may be heated to a maximum of 60o C, which will result in a quicker cleaning process.
5. During the cleaning process, inflammable and/or toxic gases may be released, therefore adequate ventilation must be provided. Avoid naked flames.
6. The length of the cleaning operation depends on the thickness and type of deposit and also on the product concentration. Generally speaking this period will be within 24 hours.
7. After cleaning, drain off the solution and neutralize it with Alkaline (CAUS) outside the system.
8. The final rinsing can be carried out with a 1% solution of Alkaline (CAUS).
Cleaning in immersion baths
Fill a plastic or plastic lined bath with a solution of Descalex Powder in water. (1 kg Descalex Powder to 10 liters water).
Solutions of Descalex Powder may be heated to a maximum of 60° C for a quicker cleaning process. Introduce the components to be cleaned into the bath and let them soak for a maximum of 24 hours, depending on the degree of scaling. Remove the components from the bath and rinse them with a powerful water jet.
Light brown colored powder containing inhibitors and sulphamic acid. Non-flammable and not hygroscopic.
Flashpoint : None
pH (1% solution) : 1.5Print Send enquiry